Visit Westwood Church of God

Friday, August 18, 2006

Shameless Promotion???

As you read this brief little entry, it might appear that I am shamelessly promoting my church and its website. So before I continue, I want to make one thing perfectly clear:

You’re absolutely right.

We may be a congregation currently small in number (compared to some churches), but we have big heart, and we are growing, in attendance and most importantly, in Spirit. I am very proud of my church, and many of our members show remarkable spiritual maturity and insight.

I recently asked a few of them if they would consider contributing blog-style articles for posting on the church’s website, and they have agreed. My hope is to ask a few more, and encourage people (who write the articles and who read them) to stop and think about what’s important to them, and how they really see the world around them.

I am extremely proud of these fine people who have contributed, and look forward to the others who will share with us their own thoughts about their soul and about life. I encourage you to visit the following link to see what these good folks have to say:

Congregation Commentary

And, if you will pardon one more indiscreet plug, I also write the occasional article for the church’s website. Every once in a while, I will take something written here on Soulscape and include it on the church’s site, and vice versa. Here’s the link to that page:

An Inspirational Message from Pastor Chris

I will probably post my latest church entry here on Soulscape in coming days, for those who miss this entry or who don’t wish to click on the link above. But I do encourage you to check out the Congregation Commentary and read some wonderful thoughts from some of the best people I know.

So, yes, I am proud of my church, and I’m not afraid to say it. If you’re in the area, stop by and see for yourself what I’m talking about!

© 2006, Chris Keeton and Soulscape Press. All rights reserved. All material printed on this site is protected by the copyright law of the United States. It may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without the prior written permission of Chris Keeton and Soulscape Press, obtainable by writing to soulscape@alltel.net. Altering or removing any trademark, copyright or other notice from copies of the content is not permitted. Any and all portions of material copied from the Soulscape Blog must be properly attributed to Chris Keeton and Soulscape, and cited with original blog web address.

No comments: