Visit Westwood Church of God

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Happy Anniversary to Soulscape!

So, exactly one year ago today, August 16th, I entered the blogging world with my first entry here at Soulscape. This is entry number 52, surprising since there were times that I didn’t write for a couple of weeks, or wrote more than one entry per week. So one year, 52 weeks and 52 entries later, what has happened in my little corner of the Web?

Well, a lot has happened in the family: there have been surgeries and illnesses, deaths and births and weddings, and somewhere in the neighborhood of 150 sermons delivered at church. These, of course, do not include Sunday School lessons, funerals, newsletter articles or blog entries. So, things have been busy.

But this is about the one year blog anniversary of Soulscape, so what can I say? There have been a few topics or entries that have special meaning. I’d like to mention some of them:

September 27, 2005: When Answers Aren’t Enough – how sometimes the care of the Lord can only be seen when there are no human answers to be found.

November 24, 2005: The Gobbler Files, Parts 1 & 2 – a light-hearted look at a family holiday; a particular favorite of mine (and some of the family as well!).

December 20, 2005: All I Want For Christmas Is A Mutually Acceptable Expression Of A Non-Specific and Non-Offensive Holiday Observance – enjoyed by me because of the sarcasm which oozes from my words (I love sarcasm, on occasion!), and the fact that it’s the longest title of any entry.

January 14 and 26, 2006: The Pain of an Unknown Tomorrow, and More To It Than Meets the Eye – these deal with the passing of my mother-in-law, and include the testimony of my wife concerning her own experience with this loss.

March 15 through June 2, 2006: The Armor of God, Parts 1 through 10 – This was an examination of Ephesians 6:10-20, and while it did take a while, several of my readers personally conveyed to me that they enjoyed the series.

July 27, 2006: Who’s That Handsome Guy In The Mirror? – This was one of those attempts at humor to lead into something poignant, but it was the national and international exposure of the piece (thanks to a friend’s link in a technology newsletter) which makes it special to me.

August 16, 2006: Happy Anniversary to Soulscape! – the fact that an entire year has gone by and that it’s still going strong makes me happy that I’ve stuck with it.

So, what’s the plan for Soulscape: Year Two? Well, I hope to continue making personal observations about my life and about life in general, as this is the point of most blogs anyway. But I would also like to try my hand at some more Bible studies. The problem is time; spending so much time in prayer, study, and preparation, along with the daily routines common to most of us, there are precious few minutes left. I am currently working on a paper for a member of my congregation, which I hope to keep around 30 pages or so, but I hope to squeeze in blog writings as often as possible. Remember, I’ve told you that one gift the Lord chose not to bless me with is the gift of being brief.

I will still try to update at least once a week, but as time permits, my hope is to update more than that. But it’s all according to what the future brings, and whatever the Lord wills. So for now, I would like to thank each one of you who have stopped by and spent a few minutes reading this blog. My hope was, and continues to be, that your time spent here would leave you with a smile, a hope, and maybe a friend. I look forward to where the Lord leads us all on this blogging journey together. I still value your input, your suggestions, and your prayers that we might be able to reach those who need it most.

So, after 1,381 page loads, 52 blog entries, 15 comments, and one year later, I can’t wait to see what’s in store for us. Rain or shine, we’ll meet it together, with each other, and with the Lord. God bless!

**If you would like to check out any of the stories listed above, just click on the Archive Links on the left of the screen and check them out. And if you have a suggestion for a topic or Bible study Scripture, don’t hesitate to drop me a line at soulscape@alltel.net .

© 2006, Chris Keeton and Soulscape Press. All rights reserved. All material printed on this site is protected by the copyright law of the United States. It may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without the prior written permission of Chris Keeton and Soulscape Press, obtainable by writing to soulscape@alltel.net. Altering or removing any trademark, copyright or other notice from copies of the content is not permitted. Any and all portions of material copied from the Soulscape Blog must be properly attributed to Chris Keeton and Soulscape, and cited with original blog web address.

No comments: