Visit Westwood Church of God

Monday, November 26, 2007

All Good Things…

There is something to be said for working. When one enjoys that work it is even more special. Yet there are times that in order to give your best or do your best, it is necessary to step back for a little while. Have you ever looked at one thing or one spot for a long time? Pretty soon your vision begins to act up and you don't see things as clearly.

This is a busy time of year for everyone, and it is no different for me. In order to kind of refocus and get some prayerful insights for my own life, family, church, general spiritual direction, and for this blog, I am going to take a few weeks off. While this might disappoint the two or three regular readers I have, and anyone who happens to stop by, I would ask that you rejoin me around Christmas. I plan, with the Lord's will, to return to the world of blogging around that time. But this brief cyber-sabbatical will give me the opportunity to spend a little extra time with my family and with the Lord, and return with some fresh perspectives and new entries.

I would also encourage you to read some of my past entries in the mean time. Hopefully you won't forget Soulscape between now and the time that I return. I look forward to rejoining you here. And, if you have any thoughts about topics or something you'd like me to address, Scripture or otherwise, don't hesitate to contact me. Just leave a comment and I'll get back with you.

So, until we meet again, may God bless you. See you around Christmas!

© 2007, Chris Keeton and Soulscape Press. This entry is protected, blah, blah, blah. You know the drill!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ok....I GUESS I can let you go for a while. :)

I, however, will get to see you on the 10th! Miss you, friend.

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only reader, I guess I was wrong...

Take some time off Chris.

Speaking of work, what should we think about it? Is it a necessary evil or a gift from God? Okay, perhaps that is extreme, but still, should we go to work everyday with a kind of -- "arg, time to make the donuts!" attitude or should we view it as service to God. How do we find joy in the donuts-- without eating them all...

Any thoughts?