Visit Westwood Church of God

Monday, March 19, 2007

100 Entries of Stuff on the Blog, 100 Entries of Stuff . . .

My great-grandfather lived to be almost 101 years of age. Had there been blogs way back in 1894, and he'd written one entry per year (from year one), this would be comparable to his final entry. Yes, friends, this is my ONE HUNDREDTH ENTRY on the old Soulscape Blog. It's hard to believe that the vast empire today known as Soulscape, started way back in August of 2005, would still be going strong 100 posts later! I wonder if "Papaw-Great" would have been proud of me? And why do I have the sudden urge to rewrite and Eric Clapton song? (Would you know my screen-name, if I posted in heaven?)

Anywho, this Soulscape blog has touched many lives and made a huge impact on our society (if by "many lives" I mean "me," and by "our society" I again mean "me"). One hundred entries and 28 comments later, and I still remember the humble beginnings. Oh, how the times have changed. But I will never forget all the little people who brought me to where I am today. And by "all the little people," I again refer to "me."

On a slightly more serious note, it is extremely gratifying to know that Soulscape is still around. I've had to adjust my writing schedule on a few occasions because of my other priorities outside of cyberspace, like husbandhood, fatherhood, pastorhood, and a few other hoods which require attention. And, long about September, we will have a new little addition to the household (got to hear the heartbeat today; quick little bugger, too!). But over the last year and a half or so, it's good to see people still stopping by to read what I have to say a couple of times each week.

Writing is something I have always loved to do; studying the Word and figuring out ways to apply it to my life (and be able to perhaps explain it a little to others) also is a "pet passion." I don't feel worthy, but do feel honored to live in a time when a person can freely get in God's Word and express his or her thoughts on that Word in a forum that has the potential to reach people all around the world.

My prayer is that you, the reader, have been encouraged through some of these postings. Maybe you've been inspired to study the Bible a little more, maybe something has been explained or presented that you never thought of before, or perhaps you've just given a little more thought to what you believe and why. But most of all, my prayer is that you have a greater respect for what the Lord has done for you in your life, through reading some of my somewhat rambling ideas.

I have said that if I had to pick some other occupation than being a pastor, I would write (I have a couple of book ideas in the works, some of which I've started on and one day hope to actually finish! Stay tuned for further details!). But in some ways writing on this blog is a luxury; so many other things require my attention that at times this blog has to take a back seat. Still, I consider myself fortunate to have this outlet. As some of you have been kind enough to take time out to read my blog and even make a comment or two, I feel it is my duty and privilege to say thank you. This blog really started out to be just for me, as a way to hone my writing skills and keep me on my toes Bible-study-wise. But after 100 entries, it has become something that I feel is a necessary part of my ministry. And if I can help just one soul through this Soulscape journey, then the time has been well-spent.

So again, I say thank you to all who have helped make Soulscape a success, and have inspired me to keep on bloggin'. By reading and commenting on my posts, you are giving me a very precious gift: your time. I take that very seriously because our time is our life, and each second that passes is a second we can never get back. So the fact that you have given a few of those precious moments of life to reading what the Lord has laid upon my heart truly humbles me, and I will be forever grateful. I never really considered that I'd still be here a hundred entries later, but I'm glad I am, and I am happy to have you along with me. Blessings to you, and may the Lord continue to use this country preacher's little blog to help someone in need. Hope to see you for the next hundred, and that God get's all the praise and glory for everything that is written here.

There are quite a few decades left before I reach the century mark myself, but maybe, just maybe, my great-grandchildren will look back, read some of these things on the old Soulscape archives somewhere, and say, "We're proud of you, Papaw-Great." But even if these words have long passed away and I'm just some name in a family album, if they are inspired to study and write and comment on God's Word from a heart dedicated to Him, then that's just fine with me, too.

© 2007, Chris Keeton and Soulscape Press. All rights reserved. All material printed on this site is protected by the copyright law of the United States. It may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without the prior written permission of Chris Keeton and Soulscape Press, obtainable by leaving a comment (with your request) which will be forwarded to Chris Keeton. Altering or removing any trademark, copyright or other notice from copies of the content is not permitted. Any and all portions of material copied from the Soulscape Blog must be properly attributed to Chris Keeton and Soulscape, and cited with original blog web address.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You could write a book about your relationships and call it "Life in the Hood"....LOL!

Nice post!

Jennifer