Visit Westwood Church of God

Monday, January 22, 2007

Newsy-type News

Apologies for my most recent hiatus from the blog, but things have been pretty busy over the last week. I’ve made a few trips, prepared messages for church, and been engaged in some personal activities. Last Monday my wife, son, grandparents and I went to visit my cousin a couple of hours away. She had given birth the day before to her first child, a “miracle baby” in that doctors had told her she did not have a chance to ever have children. Cute kid, a little girl, which raised the grand total of great-grandchildren for my grandparents to two. At least, for the time being.

My wife and I discovered a little more than a week ago that we can expect a new addition to our own family long about September. Our son is excited, fully anticipating that he will be getting a little sister. Time will tell, but boy or girl, we are very excited. Truth be told, I kind of reacted the same way to this news as I did when I learned that our son was coming along: stunned and a little nauseous. We were not planning for the first nor the (upcoming) second child, but when the Lord wills, it is in His time.

So with all the activities going on, it has been quite a week. Each day is a new adventure, a new challenge, and with God’s help, we are able to endure and succeed. Great things are in store, and I look forward to whatever direction the Lord leads.

That’s all for now. Lord willing, I will be back tomorrow to pick up the discussion of Ecclesiastes and Thursday for Phelps Message Board Bible Study. See you then.

© 2007, Chris Keeton and Soulscape Press. All rights reserved. All material printed on this site is protected by the copyright law of the United States. It may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without the prior written permission of Chris Keeton and Soulscape Press, obtainable by leaving a comment (with your request) which will be forwarded to Chris Keeton. Altering or removing any trademark, copyright or other notice from copies of the content is not permitted. Any and all portions of material copied from the Soulscape Blog must be properly attributed to Chris Keeton and Soulscape, and cited with original blog web address.

No comments: