Visit Westwood Church of God

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Pink Stuff? No thanks, I'm driving

So, just a quick update on what’s been going on with me in the physical sense. After seeing a doctor (which is a miracle in itself, given my notorious aversion to seeking medical attention for anything at all), I was given some medicine to hopefully ease the pain and problems; I was also set up with an appointment for further tests. In the modern-day definition of “rush,” my appointment to schedule said test isn’t until mid-September.

Anyway, I began taking the medicine Tuesday evening, and by the next day, I was already enjoying its benefits. Today is Thursday, and I can say that I have had the best two days (especially in a row) that I’ve had in nearly two months. No longer am I as afraid to eat as I have been. Life as I have come to know it has been good.

The heat here has been awful, as it has been in so many different parts of the country. They say today is to be the hottest day of the summer. Just a little while ago, it was 94, high humidity, with a heat index of 101. What better day to stand over a grill? What better day to stand over a grill on two separate occasions?

That’s right, I went to grill at a local restaurant as I do every Thursday. This evening, I plan on grilling at the house. Why do I do it? Apparently I’m a glutton for punishment. I have truly been blessed.

Well, I hope to post something later tonight or tomorrow with a bit more spiritual substance. For now, though, I will bring this entry to a close. I would like to thank my good friend Jason Miller over at WebProNews for linking to my blog in an article he wrote. For all who happen to stop by and read this, I want to welcome you, and let you know that I’m glad you stopped by. My hope is that what is said here might inspire you, encourage you, make you smile, or at the very least, make you think.

See you soon!

© 2006, Chris Keeton and Soulscape Press. All rights reserved. All material printed on this site is protected by the copyright law of the United States. It may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without the prior written permission of Chris Keeton and Soulscape Press, obtainable by writing to soulscape@alltel.net. Altering or removing any trademark, copyright or other notice from copies of the content is not permitted. Any and all portions of material copied from the Soulscape Blog must be properly attributed to Chris Keeton and Soulscape, and cited with original blog web address.

1 comment:

Gavin White said...

Interesting Blog - I will return to read more in the future.